Senior Test Professional
firstname.lastname@example.org - 07779168771 - Liverpool, Merseyside
A certified test professional with experience in manual testing and test management of complex IT solutions in the private and public sector, working on both the supplier and client side. For the last five years, I have been involved in testing activities for NHS EPR and interoperability projects where my role has also included some product management.
Over my long-term IT career, I have gained experience in the development, testing and on-site implementation of software applications, systems integration, and mobile working solutions for a range of organisation types including manufacturing, asset-intensive and, since 2008 healthcare. A certified PRINCE2 Practitioner with long term experience of project work, I have a solid understanding of project management principles and tools and a proven history of delivering successful IT projects. I have developed strong people and communication skills from having managed resources and maintained effective relationships with all levels of internal and external teams, further strengthened by an M.A in Marketing. My documentation skills are of a high standard, having produced substantial business and technical documentation to company and international quality standards.
- Professionally certified tester (ISEB and ISTQB)
- Certified PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Test management
- Defect management
- Manual testing of web-based applications - Functional, Regression, System Integration and User Acceptance
- High quality testing documentation (including test cases, test scripts, test scenarios, test plans and reports, test strategy)
- Familiar with waterfall and agile project delivery methods
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of software release process
- Team management and mentoring
- Working collaboratively with business users, subject matter experts, technical teams, both supplier and client representatives
- Test management tools e.g. Azure DevOps, JIRA, HP Quality Center
- Microsoft 365 (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
- Intermediate SQL knowledge
January 2022 – July 2022 EPR Test Manager NHS (MAX20 Contractor), Home Based
Employed by Northern Care Alliance (NCA) NHS Foundation Trust as Test Manager for the Single Patient Record Programme for the implementation of an Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system using the Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM) application.
- Agreeing Testing approach with the EPR team and the Business Change team
- Drafting Test Strategy and other testing documents including test script templates
- Reviewing design documents and supporting the Business Change Team as required
- Developing options for a testing defects tracker tool
February 2021 – August 2021 Product Manager NHS (MAX20 Contractor), Home Based
Employed by Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership as Product Manager for the NHSX Solid Research Project, a proof-of-concept study of person-centred architecture using decentralised web technology called Solid Pods for data storage designed around the individual rather than services and integrated with a Patient App and an MS Teams Add-on App for Practitioners using open standards.
- Quality Assurance activities supporting the alpha product development
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure functionality delivered to agreed release schedule
- Documenting assurance processes
- Maintaining product backlog and sprint iterations
July 2020 – February 2021 Test Manager NHS (MAX20 Contractor), Home Based
Employed by Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership as Test Manager for the Great Manchester Local Health Care Record Exemplar Programme delivering the Frailty and Dementia use cases: sharing information between Primary Care and Secondary Care and patients via the Digital Platform which integrated Black Pear Care Plans, Acute Trust IT Systems and Janiero Digital Solid Pods for patient Personal Held Records - using cloud-based infrastructure, tools and services including Lyniate Rhapsody integration engine, Philips Record Locator Service, Civica Enterprise Master Patient Index, Shaping Cloud identity and access management service, and a Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR).
- Co-ordinating and managing testing activities and resources
- Developing appropriate testing scenarios and scripts
- Creating and implementing test plans and reports for functional and system integration testing
- Producing test reports and recommendations
- Managing defect logging and resolution tracking
May 2017 – April 2020 EPR Test Manager NHS (MAX20 Contractor), Liverpool
Employed by Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust as Test Manager for the Liverpool EPR Programme for the implementation of an Electronic Patient Record (EPR) system using the Intersystems TrakCare application.
- Contributing to the overall project test strategy
- Planning testing which included scheduling test cycles, providing testing estimates and assigning test resources in line with the overall project plan
- Recruiting, training and mentoring test resources with responsibility for induction and development
- Liaising with third party supplier representatives for purposes of defect resolution, release and upgrade testing and test environment preparation
- Organizing and chairing project meetings relating to testing and monitoring follow-up actions
- Managing test environments, including test data setup and configuration verification
- Reviewing design with business change analysts to identify any gaps and ensure full test coverage
- Preparing test management documentation – including test plans, test progress and completion reports
- Managing testing across multiple functional areas e.g. Emergency Department, Inpatients, Outpatients, Critical Care, Maternity, Theatres, Electronic Prescribing and Medication Administration, Order Communications, Clinical Decision Support and Clinical Documentation
- Coordinating testing across workstreams e.g. data migration, systems integration, BI reporting
- Supporting business end users with test scenarios preparation and execution
- Managing the logging, resolution and reporting of testing defects (using JIRA)
June 2008 – March 2017 Technical Test Lead CSC Ltd (now DXC Technology), Knowsley/home
Senior tester role in supplier-side pre-release testing of software fixes and enhancements delivered by the development team for the Lorenzo regional care management application (originally part of the NHS Connecting for Health I.T. program), starting in the Spine Integration team and then progressing to a leading role in the Electronic Prescribing and Medication Administration (EPMA) System Test Team, responsible for the testing of a safety critical module.
- Preparing testing estimates, integration and system test scripts
- Performing test execution and logging defects
- Chairing the daily team conference call and maintaining the daily action log
- Tracking test preparation and execution activities for pre-release testing of the delivered software
- Liaising with offshore members of the wider test team and witnessing their testing via webex
- Generating test execution statistics for Build and Release Key Milestone Test Completion Reports
Previous Employment Summary
- Following graduation from university, I was initially engaged in non-technical roles in the civil service, including a Legal Researcher for the Law Commission and an Executive Officer for the Home Office Nationality Department.
- My IT career started in the Home Office on being selected for an internal training scheme to become an Analyst Programmer. I went on to increase my experience in software programming by working for several software companies in Northwest England (including pensions, payroll, manufacturing, and mail order applications).
- I progressed my IT career path further by joining AMT-SYBEX (now part of Capita), a company supplying Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application software to the utilities and transport sector. Working for them for nearly 7 years, I started as a Development Project leader managing a small team of developers at their Dublin office. Subsequently working at their Belfast office and at various client sites in the UK, I fulfilled various roles including Data Analyst, Integration Consultant and Test Lead on several large-scale upgrade and integration projects for leading utility and infrastructure clients across the UK (e.g., National Grid, Southern Water, EDF, United Utilities, Network Rail, Scottish Power).
Education & Qualifications
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Certificates
- Certified Tester Advanced – Test Manager – ISTQB
- Foundation Certificate in Software Testing – ISEB
- A. Marketing – Liverpool John Moores University
- A. (Hons) Law and French 2.1 – Sussex University
- Running (running club member and parkrun Event Director experience)
- Italian language
- Creative writing