Data Warehouse Developer
We are looking for a Data Warehouse Developer to work with a specialist hospital in the North West.
Must possess excellent SSIS skills and experience to progress development of the data warehouse in Microsoft Stack.
Working closely with the Lead Data Warehouse Developer and Data Architect you will be responsible for helping the team to deliver high quality business and clinical reporting structures. This will include maintaining complex data transfer pipelines between clinical/operational source systems and the Trust Data Warehouse as well as ensuring that all ETL processes are robust, operate efficiently and are fully documented.
Development of new tools, technologies and methods of working as they are identified to ensure that the intended benefits are delivered with the ability to set of rich value added data sources to form the foundation of robust reporting and decision making systems.
This role will be full time remote during the pandemic, however will be required full time on site once everybody is able to return.
Whilst the primary skills are highlighted above, the successful person will need a mixture of the following;
- Substantial experience of design, build and deployment of Business Intelligence functions in a large/complex organisation.
- Substantial experience of SQL Server database/data warehouse development maintenance and support.
- Substantial experience of handling ETL solutions and issues across a range of systems.
- Substantial experience of delivering complex data and reporting projects.
- Experience in task resource estimation for sprint planning.
- Experience in creating and updating system documentation relating to Business Intelligence processes.
- Experience in developing data interchange processes using XML and JSON.
- Experience of successfully managing a number of equally important tasks to completion.
- Creating well-structured SQL Server Integration Services packages for data transfer and Data Warehouse ETL processes.
- Designing and implementing SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Data transfer using XML and JSON.
- Developing custom SSIS Script Tasks/Components using C# to add non-standard functionality to SSIS Packages.
- Using Visual Studio for database and business intelligence development.
- Advanced T-SQL query writing.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience of working in the NHS.
- Using NoSQL data sources.
- Source control processes and branching strategies.
- Database table partitioning.
- Data transfer using a web API.
- Transferring data using SFTP.
- Azure DevOps.
- Power BI.
- SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Source control using Visual Studio.
- Master Data Services.
- Business Intelligence Markup Language and BIML Express.
- Good knowledge of industry standard Data Warehouse design methodologies, i.e., Kimball.
- SQL Server query optimisation techniques.
- SSIS package performance optimisation.
- Best practices relating to the Microsoft SQL Server stack.
- NHS data dictionary and standards.
Your project, our delivery
Healthcare Service Solutions Specialist
Leaders in providing project solutions to the NHS and wider healthcare community across the United Kingdom - we develop, plan, implement and support sustainable solutions to improve healthcare outcomes