The purpose of this post is to support lead and develop a proactive, adaptable and comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Service for staff, to include management of the Occupational Health department. The post holder will be responsible for improving the health and wellbeing of Trust staff through the delivery and subsequent management of innovative occupational health initiatives and programmes. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the Trust gains required service accreditations and explores and develops income generation opportunities as appropriate and in accordance with annual business planning and financial requirements as a secondary responsibility to the core business needs.
Clinical Leadership and Management.
1. Provide leadership and direction to the Occupational Health department demonstrating an understanding of personal & professional needs of the individuals within the team.
2. Work with clinical staff in identifying and achieving objectives, in line with departmental and Trust strategic plans and objectives.
3. Lead and support the Occupational Health team in achieving clinical excellence in accordance with professional codes of conduct.
4. Ensure an appropriate skill mix and the provision of clinical cover at all times.
5. Contribute to the clinical governance agenda by setting, implementing and evaluating best practice guidelines in Occupational Health including SEQOHS accreditation.
6. Actively promotes and facilitates a culture where practice development flourishes ensuring systemic dissemination of good practice.
7. Enable Occupational Health to role-model the epitome of healthy, well staff through good clinical leadership, and through embedding the Trust STAR values amongst all of the staff in the Health and Wellbeing Service.
8. Formulate, implement and evaluate policies and strategies for health protection and surveillance of workers, to meet legislative requirements and promote employee’s health and wellbeing in line with national health strategies
9. Plan, develop and evaluate methods and processes for gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting date and information for continued improvement. Communicate trends and advise on action plans to meet statutory and voluntary requirements for health protection, surveillance and statutory reporting. Responsible for maintenance of a confidential records management system.
External Contracts and Clients
10. Market, and subsequently manage, the delivery of occupational health services to external clients in the public and private sectors.
Support services and Staff Health & Wellbeing
11. Deliver the Occupational Health department priorities of the Trust set out in the Trusts People Strategy and the Annual Business Plan and as required by the Trust going forward in response to the changing healthcare delivery landscape.
12. Develop Trust policies and procedures for the more effective delivery of existing health and wellbeing services and to support a change in culture and behaviours around health and wellbeing at work at GWH to become of paramount importance.
13. Work alongside managers, HR, OD, and key GWH leaders to promote working environments conducive to healthy staff.
14. Offer ‘health promotional’ activities for staff to continue to educate and raise awareness of key aspects of wellbeing at work.
15. Ensure that all adverse incidents and near misses are reported through the correct corporate framework, and that investigations are undertaken which objectively identify the causal factors and recommend remedial action.
16. Provide activity, access and outcome data as required by the Trust, and is aware of the annual staff survey results looking to improve these for GWH staff year on year as regards health and wellbeing of staff.
17. Attend and participate in the Trust Health & Safety Committee and other meetings pertinent to staff health.
18. Look at new and innovative ways to engage staff in their own health and wellbeing, and in them having their say about the way staff health and wellbeing deliver their services to meet the needs and demands of the working environment.
Education, Training and Practice Development.
19. Promote a learning culture in health and wellbeing of the team, and across GWH focusing on developing personal and professional effectiveness and multidisciplinary learning and working.
20. Identify and promote education opportunities, and negotiate resources.
21. Facilitate and encourage individual personal and professional development to meet the service needs.
22. Promote a reflective, questioning approach to clinical practice and supports the use of clinical supervision to enhance the quality of client care.
23. Collaboratively identify areas for practice development within staff health and wellbeing service, and work closely with the Training & Education Teams and Human Resources, OD and H&S.
24. Promote and facilitate the development of evidence-based nursing practice in Occupational Health, linking with other senior nurses in the field and national societies/groups.
25. Develop Trust clinical policies in liaison with others as appropriate.
26. Ensure that all members of the team adopt a service-orientated approach to their work.
27. Network with other staff health and wellbeing facilities both in health and otherwise to become best in class in regards to the services offered, keeping constantly aware of practice elsewhere and sharing our own practice with others.
All staff will support their managers to make efficient and effective use of resources. All staff are responsible for identifying any actual or potential deviation from budgets and are to work with the budget holder or manager to find effective ways of handling it.
All staff must ensure they use resources in a manner consistent with organisational objectives and policies, ensuring that resources are realistic, justified and of clear benefit to the organisation.
As a Budget Holder/Manager you are responsible for the co-ordination, monitoring and review of the use of financial resources within your budget.
Responsibilities for People or Training
The post holder is responsible in ensuring that all Occupational Health staff are appropriately trained and competent to provide the Trust and any external clients with a comprehensive range of OH services.
To ensure that all staff are fully compliant with mandatory training
The post holder will be required to travel to different sites and external clients and so the ability to drive is essential
Regular VDU usage
Dealing with distressed clients on a regular basis
Ability to concentrate on complex/demanding tasks
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (www.safer-jobs.com) a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are a recruitment company dedicated to supporting the NHS and wider Healthcare market across the UK.
One of the reasons that max20 is different is that all our skills and efforts are devoted to the NHS and its Non-Medical contract, interim and project recruitment needs. This gives us a real wealth of experience, contacts, and understanding to call upon that we believe is unrivalled in our chosen field.
max20 are leaders in providing IT & Digital Project Solutions to the NHS and wider healthcare community across the United Kingdom. We develop, plan, implement and support sustainable solutions to improve healthcare outcomes. max20 is a constantly growing provider of healthcare project solutions.