The IT Department is reliant on the supply of technical equipment and services in order to support its services. This role supports the selection, acquisition, logging and disposal of assets used by the IT Department and end users in the Trust.
The role keeps an accurate record of the IT assets deployed within the Trust, ensuring that goods are receipted as specified on each individual order, are properly enrolled in the Trust’s management and monitoring tools, as well as ensuring that the equipment is disposed of safely, ensuring that data is removed from those assets before leaving Trust premises.
The role is the primary link with the Trust’s Procurement team, ensuring that purchasing tasks conform to the Trust’s procurement policies and procedures and comply with the Trust’s standing financial instructions.
The role supports the effective and efficient management of end user devices, ensuring that they are monitored, secured and replaced according to Trust policy, managing hardware and software through its entire life cycle, from preparation to purchase, through acquisition, entry into service and through to disposal.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. The post holder provides purchasing and physical asset management services for the Trust’s IT devices (including telephones), licensed applications and services as well as those staff from other organisations who receive those same support services under a service level agreement.
2. The post holder plays a key role in the following ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) service management processes:-
2.1. Request fulfilment
Communications and relationships
3. Provides advice and support on a daily basis to those Trust staff logging a request for new hardware, software or services, assisting them in the selection, pricing and ordering of IT equipment from the Trust’s IT catalogue of standard equipment. These requests are logged in the service desk system and placed in the Purchasing and Assets queue for action.
4. In those cases that cannot be satisfied from the catalogue, gathers information about the requirement in each case, so that the appropriate course of action can be identified. This may need advice from other IT specialist teams, third party organisations or online research.
5. Provides clear instructions to all users regarding the applicable purchasing processes and the actions required to progress their request. Explains why Trust standard equipment is substituted for their specific request as needed or why a particular product is unsuitable for use in the Trust’s technical environment. In most cases, end users are non-technical staff, of varying seniority and who will need to understand the technical reasons that affect the fulfilment of their request.
6. Works with other IT Department teams, Trust departments (including but not limited to Procurement, Estates and Finance Departments) , NHS organisations and third parties to fulfil service requests
7. Monitors outstanding service requests against the Trust’s service level agreements, prioritises calls effectively, keeps users up to date with progress and initiates escalation procedures where required.
8. Chases progress with staff assigned to each request, as required, to meet the Trust’s response time targets, Issues are escalated to End User Services management if those response times are likely to be or are in fact exceeded.
9. Keeps the End User Services Team Lead informed of any outstanding issues on a daily basis
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (www.safer-jobs.com) a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are a recruitment company dedicated to supporting the NHS and wider Healthcare market across the UK.
One of the reasons that max20 is different is that all our skills and efforts are devoted to the NHS and its Non-Medical contract, interim and project recruitment needs. This gives us a real wealth of experience, contacts, and understanding to call upon that we believe is unrivalled in our chosen field.
max20 are leaders in providing IT & Digital Project Solutions to the NHS and wider healthcare community across the United Kingdom. We develop, plan, implement and support sustainable solutions to improve healthcare outcomes. max20 is a constantly growing provider of healthcare project solutions.