Cybersecurity specialist is a broad role that encompasses tools, processes and methodologies to utilise, optimise and gain strategic advantages from computer networks.
A typical day for a cybersecurity specialist might include the following:
- Creating, maintaining and controlling user accounts and access, including public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Installing and maintaining software and equipment lists
- Addressing system issues like disk space, memory and CPU
- Addressing compliance requirements and weekly updates and maintain all required logs
- Running weekly vulnerability scans and providing reports on health and status of the system security plans (SSPs)
- Maintaining vulnerability patching